First test run of my Art Foundation final piece. The daffodils will be glued into their holes once the base and board has been moved for the exhibition, but on the whole it is finished. It can be dismantled into three main sections, the suspended board, the base and the box containing the drill (flowers can also be removed).
Monday, 7 May 2012
Just a quick update on what Im up to. I have made 50 tin daffodils for a foundation art project, pictures will be up when its done. For the past week I have been been cutting out tiny tin planes in the hope of making a few kinetic toys. Like the larger plane I made the templates and measurements are from the Hobby Craft book "Toys from Tins".
Sunday, 18 March 2012
Instead of buying the usual pot of tete-a-tetes this mothers day I opted to make my own longer lasting variety. The flower is made from three pieces riveted together through the centre, the cone was soldered on. The stem is a folded strip of tin with the leaves soldered to the base.